Thanks for checking out the new site! I’ve had online portfolios before, but this new-and-improved version was built to answer a single question:
“What is it you do?”
If you’re an adult, you inevitably will be asked this question. Per the front page’s headline: I develop and connect ideas – including products and services – with people who will find those ideas valuable.
“Huh?” I’m a strategist, communicator, and consultant who provides marketing and public relations, content evaluation and development, and writing and editing services.
At this point in the conversation, the eyes of the person with whom I’m chatting can start to glaze over. I understand.
Marketing and public relations have an identity problem. If you ask 100 different people what the actual work entails, you’re likely to receive 100 different answers. And most won’t be entirely right or wrong.
At the same time, these answers don’t necessarily address the real questions behind “What do you do?” Specifically:
“Does what you do apply to me?” and “How can you help me?”
I hope this site shows and explores my answers in an informative – and occasionally entertaining – way.
What you’ll find on ALRPR.com.
The quick walk-through, starting from the top of the page:
- Front-door/Home: You can access all areas of the site from this point.
- About: A bit about me and the three core beliefs that guide my work.
- Services: An overview of what I can do for you, as well as specialties and industries in which I’ve worked. You’ll also find pages dedicated to each of the following:
- Contact: The shortcut to get in touch with (and hire) me.
Next up, the navigation bar:
- Updates & Blog: Where you can find new posts on a weekly basis.
- Links to the service pages listed above.
- Portfolio: Case studies about the projects I’ve tackled and results I’ve achieved.
- Recommendations: Kind words from clients and collaborators.
I’m open for business, and I’ll be reaching out to everyone I’ve enjoyed working with in the past. (Everyone!)
What you can do:
- Follow me via the (new) Facebook page and Twitter account, subscribe to this site via RSS, or sign up for my email newsletter to catch my weekly marketing, PR, and content musings.
- Please stay in touch!
- If you need marketing, public relations, content, or business development assistance, please keep me in mind – and give me a shout for a free mini-consultation.
- Do you know someone who could use my expertise? Please pass along my name and site.
As always, thank you for your interest and support!