The best marketing & PR is effective marketing & PR.
Big ideas are important, but how you translate big ideas into meaningful action can make the difference between success and failure.
I help my clients succeed by first applying following the principles:
- Listen. Continuously.
- Actions speak louder than words. Authenticity is making sure they reflect one another.
Together, we determine the specifics of what you are trying to achieve and how to measure our progress. And from there, I work with you to select and execute the right mix of functions and tactics to take you from where you are now to where you want to be.
Click the banner below to see what I’ve accomplished for others. (You’ll also find the list of marketing and public relations services I offer further down this page.) I’d love to talk with you about your business’s challenges.
Marketing & Strategic Planning
- Brand Development & Management: Development of products and services • Product launches • Product life cycle management • Distribution and sales support.
- Campaign Strategy, Planning & Execution: Omnichannel and multichannel marketing • Coordination, collaboration, and translation of mission/goals/objectives and strategy across divisions, departments, channels, and venues.
- Research & Analysis: Identification of emerging markets and trends • Forecasting and forward-looking strategy • Scouting reports • Analysis of quantitative, qualitative, and anecdotal data from multiple sources • Creation and construction of research projects, including surveys and polls • Comparison shopping.
- Sales Planning & Promotion: Analysis of sales data and forecasting • Pricing recommendations • Development of short- and long-term sales initiatives and promotions.
- Strategic Partnerships & Relationships: Vendor, customer, media, stakeholder, and licensor development and ongoing relations • Cross-promotions and co-promotions • Co-op, referral, and membership programs • Sponsorships.
Public Relations & Communications
- Public Relations & Media Relations: Identification of prospective client/customer/reader and media audiences • Press releases • Media kits • Backgrounders • Media alerts and advisories • Media outreach, working with media outlets, freelance writers, and bloggers to develop news and feature stories • Procurement of assets for news and feature stories • Public service announcements (PSAs) • Newsletters • Direct mail and email • Blogging • Position papers and letters to the editor • Interview preparation • Basic media training.
- Collateral Materials & Content Marketing: Content development, copywriting, basic photography and graphic design, and placement/distribution • Brochures • Flyers and handouts • Direct mail (catalogs, postcards) • Point of purchase (POP) and sales materials (sell sheets, one sheets) • Billboards and signage • Newspapers, newsletters, and magazines • Email newsletters and email blasts • Podcasts, radio, television, and video • PowerPoint and presentations • Streaming and digital media (asset delivery, channel programming, promotion, rights management) • Websites, microsites, and landing pages • Online advertising and networks (assets, media buys, programming).
- Social Media & Grassroots Campaigns: Leveraging transparent and honest participation in forums and other social media • Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr, and others • Mail and email lists (content and list development) • Street teams.
- Website Development: Site architecture and content development • Collaboration with web- and graphic-design specialists • Search engine marketing (SEM) and search engine optimization (SEO) best practices • Content management systems, including WordPress, Joomla!, and Mambo, as well as HTML, CSS, and proprietary languages and systems.
- Special Events: Event publicity and marketing • Event planning, including meetings, panels, conventions, and trade shows • Sponsorship negotiation and acquisition.
- Spokesperson Duties: On- and off-camera (major market television and radio) • Print and online • Social media.
• “Brand Management,” “Email,” “Advertising,” “Design,” “Marketing Research,” “Public Relations” & “Media Planning” icons by Jim Slatton. • “Differentiation,” “Demographic,” “Place,” “Price,” “Position,” “Personas” & “Convenience” icons by S. Madsen. • All icons via The Noun Project.